One Year Later
One year ago Christchurch was split apart by an earthquake. This Sunday on National Radio at 4pm there’s a remarkable interview with a survivor of the CTV building collapse. For now, I’m reposting my quake heroes from the day:
- my 87 year old father who rushed into a madly shaking house to save his wife of 56 years
- the doctors, nurses and volunteers who nursed my mother with such thoughtfulness under stress
- the neighbours who gave us drinks and food
- the motorists who behaved impeccably without traffic lights.
- the neighbour who saved Dad when the house burned down 2 days later (electrical fault due to quake).
Photo: Allen Carbon