Honey Bee Science
Recent research has revealed more amazing honey bee abilities:
- BeeSweet: Bees can detect electrical signals from flowers which help them identify the flowers with the richest nectar.
- BeeSpresso: Many flowers have traces of caffeine in their nectar which bees are more attracted to than flowers without.
- BeeTox: When bees eat honey it detoxifies them by triggering genes that make antibiotic chemicals.
- BeeFriend: Bees use their right antenna to tell friend from foe – it has more smell-sensing hairs on it than the left antenna.
- BeeStill: Even non-fatal amounts of pesticides will eventually destroy a beehive. Don’t spray near flowers!