1. Adrift: hand-made in creamy Carrara marble, this was such hard work but, hey, I was in Italy! (at Arco Arte workshop). Click to enlarge photos.
2. Bernoulli: Air currents in Mt Somers limestone; thanks to a workshop by wonderful scupltor Paul Deans.
4. Facebook: These book ends were based on a Polynesian mask.
6. David’s Heart: I copied Michelangelo’s David then did some surgery and discovered a heart in the Oamaru limestone. Thank you brilliant potter Peter Gregory for the gift of stone.
7. Seuss Time: This working clock is hollow and inspired by Dr Seuss designs.
8. Fallen Angel: Mt Somers stone, which I later fiddled with and it broke.
9. Swan: the eye is artists’ patinating wax.
10.Mother Duck: this just appeared as I worked the stone.
11. Tree Frog: inspired by a sculpture at Sydney Zoo (I’m still trying to find the artist’s name).