Christchurch Quake Heroes
- my 87 year old father who rushed into a madly shaking house to save his wife of 56 years (happy anniversary parents!)
- the doctors, nurses and volunteers who nursed my mother (and her broken arm) with such thoughtfulness under stress
- the neighbours who gave us drinks and food
- the shopkeeper who trusted me with credit
- the motorists who behaved impeccably without traffic lights.
This is my growing list; each of the 400,000 plus residents of Christchurch will have their own heroes.
Hero Update: the neighbour who saved Dad when the house burned down 2 days later (electrical fault caused by the quake).